Thick buttermilk-2 cups
Chopped green chilli-1
A bit of ginger
Dry red chilli-1
Seasoning ingredients-1 tablespoon (mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, chenna dal, fenugreek seeds)
Fenugreek leaves either fresh or dry-1 teaspoon (I used dry leaves)
Tamarind pulp-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
1. Heat the oil in a vessel and add dry chilli pieces and seasoning ingredients.
2. Let them splutter and add curry leaves, fenugreek or methi leaves, crushed ginger, onions and green chilli.
3. Fry them for two minutes and pour the buttermilk and add the turmeric powder, salt and tamarind pulp.
4. Boil for two minutes on medium flame.
5. Serve with plain rice or kichidi.
Note: Tamarind pulp prevents the buttermilk from curdling.